so, blog readers (i know you’re out there…even if you don’t have comments. :-D) do like the current format where i post a whole bunch of pictures, or would you prefer slideshows?
so, my friend gail does this…and i am BLATANTLY ripping her off (bc, y’know, no other blogger writes about what they like. 😀 but i’m using her term. i hope she doesn’t hate me for it.) anyway, i was walking around thinking affectionate thoughts about a variety of things, sooo…i thought i’d share.
1. the 2011 bataleon violenza…those of you who know me even a little will probably be scratching your head going…what? WHY does she like it? (pretend that was in sarcasm font.) i. love. polka-dots. i found it, and then i obsessively searched the internet for every word written about it…and then when i went to colorado last week (oh yeah, i went to colorado last week!) i got a chance to ride it. and while, let’s face it, i still kind of suck and therefore trying out particular boards is kind of pointless, i didn’t hate it! and i found it on sale! so i ordered it! and it should be here soon! and then i can zoom down snow-covered mountains on it! (i also got a crackin’ good deal on boots/bindings/helmet/goggles)
2. the KRAKEN black spiced rum…ok, a) THERE’S A GIANT CELPHALOPOD EATING A SHIP ON THE BOTTLE! b) after you pour a drink, you can yell, “UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!” it’s pretty tasty, the bottle is cute, and it’s just full of whimsy. being a grown-up is better with whimsy.
3. UGG kensington boots…SO. CUTE. and so cozy. and thanks to my short hobbit feet…i can wear the kid’s size! triple WIN! these uggs are extra awesome because unlike normal uggs, they are not made out of suede leather…suede leather + winter in new england = FAIL. i’ve been pretty much living in these since i got them a couple weeks before christmas. (they’re my christmas present from my parents, but…being a grown-up means sometimes you order your own present, and they pay you back later. if it means i get to enjoy it a couple extra weeks…i’m all good with that!)
4. velo orange leather saddle-honey. see…snowboarding is EXPENSIVE. you’ve gotta have a lot of STUFF for it. as a result, the BEEYOOTIFUL bicycle i bought a few months ago…it’s gotta go. i’ve got a perfectly good bicycle…that i just didn’t enjoy riding so much bc of the crap seat and old handlebar grips. this saddle is going to change all that. most people think BROOKS when they think leather bicycle saddles…and with good reason. but brooks saddles are a little tougher on the wallet…so i get the same quality, beauty, and timeless style for a friendlier price. thanks velo orange! i can’t wait to put you on my bicycle and ride you all over once the snow is off the ground. a little bit of consolation for having to put that polka-dotted beauty in storage!
things i am NOT loving…and which will not be pictured here…
1. how the winter is affecting my hands. they look like a cabbage patch doll whose hands got caught in an office paper shredder. UNCOOL, WINTER. UNCOOL.
2. having to pay street parking fees to get my car out of the undersized lot so they do snow removal…drawback of living downtown with all its conveniences, i suppose!
3. living downtown with all its conveniences! namely EASY, waaaay too easy access to half a dozen delicious cuisines…when i am on OPERATION CHRISTMAS DAMAGE CONTROL DIET. (homemade chex mix SHOULD make it on this list, bc it is responsible for most of the christmas damage, but…it’s too good. i can’t not love it.)
hope you’re all staying warm and finding a way to enjoy whatever weather you’re experiencing!
jess’s GORGEOUS dress is by amsale, and her cute AND practical pink wedges are by christian louboutin.
their ketubah was gorgeous. maybe it’s silly and girly of me, but i particularly like how the colors matched the colors jess chose for their day…
this lovely and happy woman is the generous soul on whose property the wedding took place. her son is next to her…and he rang a bell after the ceremony (see below!) which i LOVED.
can i just say…i LOVE jewish weddings…the horah is AWESOME. also…i go to a lot of weddings…and most weddings are full of people who love to dance. but…NOT LIKE THESE PEOPLE. right after the horah, they played “i gotta feeling” by the black eyed peas…i have honestly never seen anything like it.mmmm, refreshing!
jess + matt…thanks for the adventures last year! from crashing movie sets in NYC to seeing osprey nests in maryland, i had a great time being part of your celebration and documenting your love.